Engaging with an acquisition target may have resulted either from responding to an opportunity in the market or as a result of pro-actively approaching businesses identified through a well thought out and defined acquisition strategy. This could either be a single acquisition, part of a wider buy and build strategy or an MBO/MBI.
Our team is able to support you acquire a business and add value at every stage of the process, from helping you define your growth strategy, acquisition search or executing the transaction where you have already engaged with the target company.
Major challenges for business owners looking at making an acquisition is to manage the risk factors and quickly spot the real deal breakers. Our vast experience allows us to identify key issues within businesses, from an early stage.
Our complete buy-side advisory integrated offering supports business owners at every stage of the acquisition process including
- Assistance in developing acquisition strategies and defining acquisition criteria;
- Acquisition search and summarisation of financial and operational profile;
- Modelling enlarged business;
- Formulate offer strategy and manage negotiations;
- Locked Box and Completion Account preparation and negotiations;
- Review of legals and close liaison with your chosen lawyers providing commercial, financial and tax input;
- Project management to completion;
- Earn-out accounts negotiations; and
- Assistance in integration planning.
All our transactions are partner led. We are hands-on and commit significant resource to every assignment to minimise deal distraction for management.