A sale process could result from reacting to an unsolicited approach from a competitor or complementary business or, as a result of a detailed exit planning process, with a structured auction whereby competing offers are elicited from acquirers identified as motivated to pay a strategic premium for the business.
Achieving optimal value requires a well thought out and executed process. This includes understanding the motivation and requirements of your shareholder group, an intimate knowledge of your business to be able to best articulate the value of the opportunity to the most relevant buyers and the ability to keep momentum in the process and maintain competitive pressure throughout.
A disposal could be by way of trade sale, institutional sale, MBO/MBI or circumstances may make a partial exit an attractive alternative.
How we can help
Our team is able to support you sell a business and add value at every stage of the process to help you realise optimal value whether its delivering a sale where you are already engaged with the buyer (which might include introducing competing bidders) or planning and executing a full sale process.
Our complete sell-side advisory integrated offering supports business owners at every stage of the disposal process including
- Readiness review and exit planning;
- Buyer research focusing on identifying strategic purchasers;
- Preparation and presentation of electronic dataroom and detailed financial databook;
- Formulating pricing strategy and managing detailed negotiations;
- Locked Box and Completion Account preparation and negotiations;
- Review of legals and close liaison with your chosen lawyers providing commercial, financial and tax input;
- Project management to completion;
- Earn out accounts negotiation;
All our transactions are partner-led. We recognise that management teams rarely have the bandwidth for a sales process without distraction from their daily responsibilities so we are hands-on and commit significant resource to every assignment to minimise the impact on management and the performance of the business.